Saturday, October 2, 2010

Good Morning, Friends and neighbors....
We had 5 1/2 inches of rain the last couple days..
More on the way later....

Clouds coming over the mountains...
Taken a couple days ago, in the Church yard..

Yep.. I got a couple too...

Waiting....Waiting...
☼ 
That's why my bed is always messed up.....
I don't have a bed,..It's Sadie's bed...

Lookin cool, Bubba!!

Nope! Not a good time.....

No....If you didn't run around all night you wouldn't
have a headache !

Okay, lets not get chummy...

Thats what it takes....

Lets go for a ride in the swamp........
Hope you can swim fast!
♥♥♥

~~ I had been fed, in my youth, a lot of old wives' tales about the way men would instantly forsake a beautiful woman
to flock around a brilliant one.
It is but fair to say that, after getting out in the world,
I had never seen this happen.


~~ One day at the long-term care facility where I work,
we had a party for one of the residents to celebrate her
one-hundredth birthday.
The resident was quite somber as the party began,
so I reminded her that this was her birthday party.
I then asked if she knew how old she was.
She said, "No, how old am I?"
When I told her that she was one hundred years old,
she quickly replied, "Well, no wonder I'm so tired."


~~ "Sesame Street" announced that it’s pulling a music
video featuring Elmo and Katy Perry because her outfit was too
revealing,
even though these Muppets are running around naked all the
time.


~~ What do you get when you cross an elephant with a cat?
A big furry creature that purrs while it sits on your lap and
squashes you.


~~ Sarah the sexy secretary walked into her boss's office and said,
"I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you"
"Sarah honey, why do you always have to give me bad news?"
he complained.
"Tell me some good news for once."
"Alright, here's some good news," said the secretary.
"You aren't sterile....."


~~ After I warned the nurse taking blood that it would be very
hard to find a vein on me, she said, "Don't worry.
We've seen worse.
Last year we had a girl come in to get a blood test for her
marriage license and we had to stick her six times in four
places before we got anything."
"Yes, I know," I said...... "That was me!"


~~ I am full-figured, and when I dine in restaurants,
I often find the chairs too small and uncomfortable.
The last time I ate out I filled in a comment card,
saying that while the food and service were wonderful,
the chairs did not accommodate anyone over a size 14.
Several weeks later I received a note of apology...
and a coupon for a free dessert.


~~ At the end of a visit to Amsterdam, a friend borrowed an old
suitcase from his hosts to carry home his souvenirs.
At the airport, however, a customs officer subjected our friend’s
luggage to a thorough search and even sent for a drug-sniffing dog.
Sure enough, the dog entered the area, headed straight for the
borrowed bag and went into a frenzy.
The customs officer now intensified his search,
but ultimately he found nothing.
After arriving home, the young man immediately phoned his
hosts and told them how puzzled he’d been by the dog’s behavior.
“Perhaps,” the owner of the suitcase said,
“it was because that’s the bag our cat usually sleeps in.”


~~ In my job as an electronics salesman,
I've seen the rise in popularity of sport-utility vehicles and
minivans, which has created a market for rear-seat entertainment.
Monitors that keep passengers occupied with movies and
television have been selling like crazy.
One day as I was showing a young couple how a monitor could
play videos, DVDs, and even pick up local TV stations,
the husband asked matter-of-factly, "Does it get cable?"


~~ Security and peace of mind were part of the reason
we moved to a gated community.
Both flew out the window the night I called a local pizza shop
for a delivery.
"I'd like to order a large pepperoni pizza, please,"
I said, then gave him the address of our condominium.
"We'll be there in about half an hour," the kid at the other end
replied.
"Your gate code is still 1239, right?"


Todays Thought; Perhaps the straight and narrow path would be wider if more people used it.










                                  +++++++++++++++++++++++++


            

No comments: