Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Good Morning...Friends and Neighbors...
Todays weather Patchy fog in the morning.
Sunny. Highs in the lower 80s.
Northeast winds around 5 mph...
Still have a few Hummingbirds feeding,
but I think they will be leaving soon...


Pete The cats gonna eat your dinner...
You better get it gone......

How about a sweet Jelly roll??
Looks good don't it......

Now you know why there are no mice there......


You look like a board....
Go catch some mouses...
Make yourself useful....

You too, Lazy......

Why, because I asked you to earn your keep?

Another LAZY...Cat......

This one swz he's a farmer....
Yeah....right...

Oh, No... not that......
You ain't right......

This is so true......

Getting the runaround??

Say 'GOODBY' to GrandMa....

♥♥♥

~  Michelle Obama lost an earring and phoned the
insurance company to ask for the money.
 The insurance guy explained to her, slowly and carefully,
 that she wouldn't necessarily get what the earring was
insured for, the insurance company could either replace
it or pay her what it was worth.
 Half an hour later she phoned back and asked if she
could cancel the life insurance policy on her husband.


~  A chicken crossing the road......
Is poultry in motion..


*  Marriage teaches you loyalty, forbearance,
self-restraint, meekness, and a lot of other qualities
you wouldn't need if you'd stayed single.


*  Visiting the modern art museum, a lady turned to an
attendant standing nearby.
"This," she said, "I suppose, is one of those hideous
representations you call modern art?"
"No, Madam," replied the attendant.
"That one's called a mirror."


~ Some Quickies...
• The museum boasted owning the original version of
Beethoven's unfinished basement.
• What are imitation rhinestones?
• If a word in the dictionary were misspelled,
how would we know?
• I'm getting a tattoo.
It's going to be all over my whole body--
a tattoo of myself...... Only taller.
• I was in the supermarket the other day,
and I met a lady in the aisle where they keep the
generic brands.
Her name was "woman".
• I have a decaffeinated coffee table.
You'd never know it to look at it.
• My neighbors don't like it when I talk to my plants ...
I use a megaphone.


*  The New York-New Jersey Trail Conference was
preparing to move from its longtime home in New York
City to Mahwah, N.J.
The day before the big move, the following sign appeared
on the door:    HERE TODAY, GONE TO MAHWAH."


*   I wanted to go out last night.....
and drown my troubles but my wife
wouldn't go swimming with me.


*  Subtlety is the art of saying what you think and
getting out of the way before it is understood.


*  There was a little person who didnt have any arms,
but he wanted a job really bad.
He went into several places to interview, but the results
were always the same.
You have to have arms to do work here.
One day, he saw in front of a church, a sign saying
"Bell ringer wanted, no experience necessary"
He applied to the pastor at the church, the pastor asked
how he would ring the bells without any arms,
 the little guy went to the bell tower, backed up as far as
he could and ran fierecly into the bell with his face.
The bell rang beautifully.
The pastor gave him the job.
Everything went well for a few weeks, but one day the
little guy came to work and didnt feel too good,
having an off day.
He backed up and started running to ring the bell,
 but missed...... he fell onto the sidewalk below.
People gathered round the poor little guy, someone
asked if anyone knew his name?
The pastor of the church replied...........
I dont know his name but his face rings a bell.


*  Pete:  I finally figured out a way to come back from
Vegas with a small fortune.
Gus:  Oh, what's the secret?
Pete:  Go there with a large fortune.


~ A guy told his doctor that he could no longer do as
much work around the house as he used to,
he just didn't seem to have the energy for chores. 
The doctor gave him a thorough examination and at the
end the guy said, "Okay Doc, tell me in plain English,
what's wrong with me?"
"Well," said the doctor, "in plain English, you're just
lazy."
 "Okay" said the guy, "now give me the medical term
so I can tell my wife."

Todays Thought:
 People sleep quietly in their beds because rough
men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell


Rae's Trivia.....
Insects such as termites and ants provide 10% of the
protein consumed worldwide.
Where insects are an integral part of a diet, they
contribute as much as 40% of protein.






 












No comments: