Saturday, April 30, 2011

Good Morning.....Friends and neighbors..Ready for the weekend?
In the 60's all week....rain a couple days.....
If you can believe the weather man.....
Yesterday was mrs. Martins Birthday....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....PAT!


 Yesterdays sun rise....Started off pretty cloudy....


About noon the clouds broke up...
But the wind came up and it clouded up again around 4:00...


Feeding the Baby??
Oh, You cool "Bubba"

They's watchin ya....

Is it safe to come out??
I'm hungry!!

"123 Blast off"......

Signing in the rain, just singing in the rain...

Cows can jump too....


Sometime this is how I feel.....

There has been a terrible wipe out down the road....
I know, I know....it's bad.......
Pete made me do it......

Training a duck??
I gotta leave on this pic.....

♥♥♥

~~  Enclosed with the pills my friend received from a
veterinarian was a sheet of red heart stickers to place on
a calendar as a reminder to give her pet the medication.
She attached these stickers to her kitchen calendar,
marking the first Saturday of every month. 
When her husband noticed the hearts, he grinned from
ear to ear, turned to his wife and asked,
"Do you have something special in mind for these days?"


~~  My friend's husband is always telling her that
housekeeping would be a snap if only she would organize
her time better. 
Recently he had a chance to put his theory into practice
while his wife was away.
When I popped in one evening to see how he was
 managing, he crowed.
"I made a cake, frosted it, washed the kitchen windows,
cleaned all the cupboards, scrubbed the kitchen floor,
walls and ceiling and even had a bath."
I was about to concede that perhaps he was a better
manager than his wife, when he added sheepishly.
"When I was making the chocolate frosting. 
I forgot to turn off the mixer before taking the beaters
out of the bowl, so I had to do all the rest."


~~  Needing to shed some weight, my husband and I
went on a diet that had specific recipes for each meal of
the day. 
I followed the instructions closely, dividing the finished
recipe in half for our individual plates. 
We felt terrific and thought the diet was wonderful we
never felt hungry!
But when we realized we were gaining weight, not losing it. 
I checked the recipes again. 
There, in fine print, was "Serves 6."


~~  One evening after dinner my five-year-old son Roy
noticed that his mother had gone out. 
In answer to his questions, I told him, "Mommy is at a
Tupperware party." 
This explanation satisfied him for only a moment. 
Puzzled, he asked, "What's a Tupperware party, Dad?"
I've always given my son honest answers, so I figured a
simple explanation would be the best approach. 
"Well Brian," I said, "at a Tupperware party, a bunch of
ladies sit around and sell plastic bowls to each other."
Brian nodded, indicating that he understood. 
The he burst into laughter. "Come on, Dad," he said
"What is it really?"


~~  about some medical tests I was to have the next
morning, I repeatedly told my fears to my friend, Bobbie.
"Don't worry," Bobbie finally said.
"They' ll give you a sedative through an IV in your arm."
"That's what they do to dogs when they want to kill them!" I exclaimed.
"Then don't bark!" Bobbie snapped.


~~ It was so cold during our trip to Canada that my wife
and I ducked into a department store to buy long
underwear. 
When we asked a saleswoman where we could find a pair,
 she directed us to the lingerie department.
"You know you're in Canada," I grumbled to my wife,
"when long johns are considered lingerie.


~~  Friends and I were chatting over dinner in a restaurant. 
A man at the next table told his cellphone caller to hold on. 
Then he stepped outside to talk.
When he returned, I said "That was very thoughtful."
"I had no choice." he said to me.
"You were making too much noise."


~~  Following expert advice, a family went on vacation
taking half as many clothes and twice as much money
as they thought they would need. 
What with buying T-shirts at every tourist attraction,
they came back home with twice as many clothes and
none of the money.


~~  When the legendary salesman was asked his secrets
for success, he replied, "You know the cardinal rules:
know your products, make lots of calls, and never take no
for an answer.
But frankly, I owe my success to consistently missing a
three-foot putt by two inches."


~~  It looks like another cold, dreary, rainy,  weekend
ahead.
Oh,Well, I am behind on my barstool warming,
and this would be a perfect opportunity for me to get
caught up.


~~  The rich keep all the money, pay none of the taxes.
The middle class pay all the taxes, do all of the work.
The poor are just there to scare the heck out of the middle
class.

Todays thought:  A budget is a way of spending money without getting
any fun out of it.


Rae's Trivia......For every extra kilogram carried on a space flight,
530 kg of excess fuel are needed at lift-off......
A bonus.. trivia.... 
The Swine Flu vaccine in 1976 caused more death and
illness than the disease it was intended to prevent....










 

No comments: