Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good Morning, friends and neighbors....
Well were are getting our needed rain..
Also calling for a rainy weekend, but you never know!

Cat's aren't that dumb.....
They would go under, for sure....

Cats do like warm places...
And nothing like a broody hen to keep you warm....

He said "I'll drink to that......

And he said "I'll dance to that!!"

And He will play music to that.....
Cause he's a cool Dude..

Now durn it...that's not the "Tiger Woods" we were talking about!!

Ya...We think it's funny also....Bubba!

There's always somebody to mess things up.....

I have to agree, except the readers of this blog........
Their the smart one's..
☼ 
Well, "Witchy" sez she's not going to feed "Tallie"
So I guess I'll have too....
♥♥♥

~~ Unknown landing signal officer to carrier pilot after his 6th unsuccessful landing (bolter): You've got to land here, son.
This is where the food is.


~~ The morning he began kindergarten,
I told my son about the great adventure that awaited him.
"You're going to learn so many things," I said,
"like how to read and write!"
When I picked him up from school later,
 I asked how it went.
"Well," he said, "I still can't read or write."


~~ Having grown up in a small Alabama town,
my friend Mike couldn't wait to tell us all about life
 in California, where he was stationed.
"The malls are massive, and the restaurants are great,"
he said.
Then he grinned...... "I even went to a topless bar."
"Really?" said his mother, surprised.
"What do they do if it starts to rain?"


~~ Our family took shelter in the basement after
hearing a tornado warning.
My husband told everyone to stay put while he got
his cell phone out of the car, in case the lines went dead.
He didn't return for the longest time,
so I went looking for him.
I was upstairs calling his name,
when I heard our phone machine
click on.
"Hi," a voice said........
"This is Dad.I'm locked out of the house."


~~ "Congratulations on your promotion Jim.
Before you go out of the office,
would you like to take this knife
out of my back?
You'll probably need it again."


~~ One day Rudyard Kipling was enjoying
the daily newspaper when he came across a
rather interesting piece.
He was so interested, he even wrote to the
editor.
"I've just read that I am dead.
Don't forget to delete me from your
subscribers list."


~~ Mistakes are a part of being human.
Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious
life lessons that can only be learned the hard way.
Unless it's a fatal mistake
which, at least, others can learn from.


~~ My wife, a registered nurse, once fussed over every
pain or mishap that came my way.
Recently, however,
I got an indication that the honeymoon is over.
I was about to fix the attic fan, and as I lifted myself from
the ladder into the attic, I scratched my forehead on
a crossbeam.
Crawling along, I picked up splinters in both hands,
and I cut one hand replacing the fan belt.
On the way down the ladder, I missed the last two rungs
and turned my ankle.
When I limped into the kitchen, my wife took one look and said,
"Are those your good pants?"


~~ One afternoon I rushed out of the house,
forgetting my keys, and found myself locked out.
There was nothing I could do but wait for my husband to
come home.
I went over to a neighbor who was outside raking leaves.
"You locked yourself out?" he asked.
"Yeah, this is the second time since we moved in.
After the first time we took an extra key and put it in a jar,
then stuck it in a potted plant on the deck.
"So what's the problem?"
"I took the plants in for the winter."


~~ The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which
the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea
cannot be expected to reproduce.


~~ Shannon, our seven-year-old daughter,
had grown her thick blond hair all the way to her waist.
I had been coaxing her to have it trimmed so it would
be easier to care for.
While trimming her older sister's hair one day,
I renewed my cajoling, "Come on, Shannon,
doesn't your sister's hair look nice?
How would you like your hair cut?"
She glanced at the job I was doing on her sister,
looked me straight in the eye and replied,
"By a professional.


~~ My husband and I have always exchanged chores around
the house, including doing the dishes, which I hate to do,
and mowing the lawn, which he hates to do.
This worked to our mutual satisfaction until he began to be
bothered by people in passing cars staring at him as he
 relaxed while I mowed.
He solved the problem by presenting me with a T-shirt to
wear while I was cutting the grass.
On the front, big letters said: "IT'S ALL RIGHT."
The back of the T-shirt proclaimed:
 "HE DOES THE DISHES."



Todays Thought:   "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole"



((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))





 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gus we must have switched places its like summer here!!Hugzs Carol