Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Good Morning, Friends and neighbors......
Well, not too bad yesterday, the heat has let up for
a couple days.... Still waiting for rain.....

What!...I made your coffee....
Now I'm warming up.....

Looks like this kitty has a warm bed.......

Durn...I don't know about them glasses...

Now this looks funny....
But it's a no-no....
Don't play around with compressed air.....

Fo Shizzle right back at you.....
Little one......

You whistle...he howls.....
you cool...

Now this guy can howl, because he's a howler Monkey....

This guy don't like to hear howlers.....
He'a a biter......

I don't know where this critter falls in too....
I just don't know about him.....
Looks weird...

How you all like my new shoes?
their made for walking....
so I'm outta here.....
♥♥♥

~~ A tax auditor went to a home for a meeting.

The door was opened by a girl of ten.
Seeing who it was, she called up to her mother.
"Ma, it's the tax man."
The mother called in, "Give him a chair."
The girl said, "If that's not enough, should I give him the couch and the table too?"



~~ Banking is just like our government, a system of checks and balances,
if you want to cash a check, you have to have a balance.



~~ My friend, a Virginia state trooper, stopped a woman for going 15 miles
over the speed limit.
After he handed her a ticket, she asked him, "Don't you give out warnings?"
"Yes, ma'am," he replied.
"They're all up and down the road.
They say, 'Speed Limit 55."



~~ A man walked into the office of the eminent psychiatrist Dr. Von Bernuth, and sat down to explain his problem.
"Doctor, doctor!" he started.
"No need to repeat yourself, my good man," replied the doctor.
"One 'doctor' is enough."
"Yes, well, you see, I've got this problem," the man continued.
"I keep hallucinating that I'm a dog.
A large, white, hairy Pyrenees mountain dog.
It's crazy........ I don't know what to do!"
"A common canine complex," said the doctor soothingly.
"Come over here and lie down on the couch."
"Oh no, Doctor... I'm not allowed up on the furniture."



~~ A sign outside a nursery: "It's spring! We're so excited, we wet our plants!"



~~ It had been too long since we had cleaned under the refrigerator, said the repairman we called in to diagnose our cooling problem.
Once he explained that the motor underneath was gasping for air, my daughter, Arielle rallied us to the task.
Among the dust bunnies and half-eaten dog biscuits was a small magnet, part of a collection of magnetic words my children had played with years before.
"So it's true, then," said Arielle....."What is?" I asked.
"That you never know where you'll find it," she replied,
holding up the small magnet with the word "love" emblazoned across it.



~~ I enrolled in an online school to become a private investigator.
I gave them my money, and then I never heard back from them.
I thought, Either I just got ripped off, or this is my first case.



~~ On many U.S. Navy ships the movie screen is suspended amid-ship so that it can be viewed from both sides.
This procedure makes it available to larger crowds at popular movies, but usually the junior officers get a reverse image from "the wrong side of the screen."
One evening at dinnertime an enterprising young ensign passed the following word over the officer's IMC circuit:
"The movie to be shown in the wardroom tonight for the senior officers is on the right side of the screen - The Left-Handed Gun, starring Paul Newman."
"For the junior officers on the wrong side of the screen - The Right-Handed Gun, starring Namwen Luap."


~~ At the age of sixteen, Ed Wynn decided to leave home to join a theater company.
His father was appalled.
"A son of mine on the stage? It's a disgrace!" he wailed.
"What if the neighbors find out?"
"I'll change my name," Ed volunteered.
"Change your name!" his father screamed..... "What if you're a success?
How will the neighbors know you're my son?"



~~ On a visit to the library I happened to notice a man and a woman, both deaf, signing with intense gestures, apparently in a heated debate.
The man said something; and the woman seemed upset.
She started signing her reply very fast, to the point where the man couldn't understand a word; she also signed in big, wide gestures, which is the equivalent of volume.
Finally, looking strained, her companion took her hands,
"silencing" her.
Then he signed, very small and slowly:
"You don't have to shout, I'm not blind."



Todays Thought:  Never put off until tomorrow what you can forget about entirely.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it... as always
Not that hot, about 21C, but humid with us... 90%
Rae xx