Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy weekend, Friends and neighbors..
cold and windy, plus calling for another snowstorm.
It's headed our way.......


A  pretty nice looking sunrise....Now if Pete would get out
of bed....he would see the sunrise......

Fightin over breakfast??

Ahh, He's a cool egg.....but the boyfriend is hot.....

An't this a cute picture?
I could not sit like this if my life depended on it....

A hot dog......

I'm waiting for the bluebirds to show up.....

Taz...your cat??

Damn...Bubba....see anything??

Everybody wants bacon... Even bears!

Healthcare protesters........Funny...

♥♥♥

~~ It was the day of the big sale.

Rumours of the sale and some advertising in the local paper were the
main reason for the long line that formed by 8:30 in the morning in front
of the store.
A small man pushed his way to the front of the line, only to be pushed
back, amid loud and colourful curses.
On the man's second attempt, he was punched square in the jaw,
and knocked around a bit, and then thrown to the end of the line again.
As he got up the second time, he said to the person at the end of the line,
"That does it!
If they hit me one more time, I don't open the damn store!"


~~ If you had a three story house and were in the second floor,
isn't it possible that you can be upstairs and downstairs at the same time?


~~ I've learned to keep my eyes open when riding a roller coaster.
That way I can see where I am going and lean into the curves and
prepare for the hills.
Life is a roller coaster filled with some of the most unusual and torturous
twists imaginable.


~~ Mom raised five kids alone, thanks to the help of some kind neighbors.
One fall, Mom baked each of our angels an apple pie.
We went back and forth all afternoon delivering pies.
"Why don't you rake Mrs Cronin's lawn, too?"
Mom said, giving us one last pie.
By then we'd worked up an appetite.
"God, let me trip and drop this pie so we can eat it," my brother prayed.
No such luck.
We knocked on Mrs. Cronin's door.
"For all the help you've been to us," I said.
And we'd also like to rake your lawn."
"Boys, you don't have to do that.
I help because I can."
"Well we can rake!" I said.
My brother and I got to work.
When we were done Mrs. Cronin called us inside.
There on the table were two huge slices of pie heaped with vanilla ice
cream, for us!
To this day, lending a hand leaves a taste every bit as sweet as
Mom's apple pie.


~~ Running short of shovels on a remote road project, the foreman
wired the home office for more.
That afternoon he received the following telegram in return :
"Have no more to send; tell men to lean on each other."


~~ While out one evening, my mother noticed a young gentleman who
resembled her old high-school sweetheart.
She approached him to ask if he was her old boyfriend's son.
Unfortunately, her phrasing left something to be desired.
Excusing herself, she politely asked, "Do you know who your father is?"


~~ It was an emotional day for me when my six-year-old twins headed
off for their first day of school.
Four-year-old Andrew and I accompanied them to the corner to wait
for the bus.
When it arrived and the boys climbed on and waved good-bye,
I could no longer hold back my tears.
"Don't cry, Mommy," said Andrew reassuringly.
"Maybe one day you'll get to ride in a school bus too!"


~~ At 1:00 a.m., loading the last of the fishing gear,
Dad realized he had forgotten his car keys on the kitchen table.
We didn't want to wake Mom up, so I hoisted myself through an
unlocked kitchen window and retrieved the keys.
Trout in hand, we later returned home still laughing about our
"cat burglar" escapade.
"I'm glad you two had such a wonderful time," Mom greeted us,
"but next time, I wish you'd remember to lock the front door
before leaving."


~~ I was discussing family resemblance with a class of ten-year- olds.
One bright spark informed me: "My mom said that the reason children
look like their parents is because of something in your pants."
This stumped me for a minute.
Then I caught on. "Oh" I said,
"You mean it's in your genes."
"Right," he replied quite seriously...... "It's something in your jeans."


~~ A blonde and her brunette friend were talking.
"I hate all the blonde jokes people say."
"Oh, they are only jokes.
There are allot of stupid people out there.
Here I'll prove it to you."
So they went outside and hailed a taxi driver.
"Please take me to 29 Nickle Street to see if i'm home."
said the brunette.
The taxi drove them and when they finally got out the brunette looked
at the blonde and said.
"See that guy was really stupid."
"No kidding." Replies the blonde, "there was a pay phone just around
the corner, you could have called instead!"


Todays Thought;  Doesn't a lightning rod on top of church show a lack of faith?














No comments: